Pronunciation & Communication Course (PRONCOM)
Speak English faster, clearer and more naturally
CRICOS Course Code: 099367F
Levels: Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced
Duration: 5 weeks (minimum) or 10 weeks; Full-time 20 hours per week
Study Modes: Face to face on campus or Online (for COVID-affected learners)
Assessment: Formative (weekly) and summative (monthly)
Delivery Location: G05, Biomedical Building, 1 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015
Levels (Full Time)
|Levels||Entry Requirement||CEFR Exit Level||Course Length|
|Intermediate||Successful completion of Pre-intermediate||B1-C1||10 weeks|
|Upper-Intermediate||Successful completion of Pre-intermediate||B1-C1||10 weeks|
|Advanced||Successful completion of Pre-intermediate||B1-C1||10 weeks|
Taught exclusively at Scots English College, the Pronunciation & Communication Course focuses on speaking and listening. It helps you to speak English more fluently, smoothly and clearly. It also trains you to understand native speakers of English.
If you have been learning English for a while but still have no confidence communicating in English at work or in social situations, this course is definitely for you. If you want to get a better score on the speaking and listening sections of the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge exam, this course is a perfect choice. Finally, the Pronunciation and Communication course is ideal for any English learner who wants to speak with an international accent or sound more like a native speaker of English.
The course uses a unique and revolutionary method known as B.B.R. founded upon 3 principles
- Blocking your old speaking habits in English | Because you use the sounds of your first language to say English words.
- Building new muscle memory of new speaking habits | Because speaking a language is a physical skill just like playing the piano - repetition is key.
- Rewiring or reprogramming your neural networks to process the language in a totally different way | Because you think in your first language and translate to English - it does not work.
Why you should learn English on our T.E.R.M
- Words will start coming to you without effort.
- No more mental freezes.
- English finally becomes part of you; you will breathe it.
- You will feel much more powerful and confident expressing your opinions, ideas and messages.
- You will be proud of how you sound; not embarrassed.
- You will also belong to a global community – sound international.
- You will use the language, not just learn ABOUT it.
- You will keep repeating until you stop making the mistake or at least understand why you’re making it and how to fix it.
- People will see the difference in your English right away.
- BBR method is based on practice not theory, just like sports, it requires physical training.
- The BBR teacher will push you hard until you achieve your goal.
- Your energy and motivation will only go up because improvements are real and the results are relatively quick to see.